domingo, 16 de agosto de 2009

PANIC - Error while reading file 5 - state.tgz

While I was doing some test on this VMware ESXi, a power outage happened. When I booted the server this error was displayed :

PANIC: Error while reading file: -5, state.tgz

Oopss ! That freak me a out because I had a lot work done in this machine wich includes several linux servers with Oracle dataguard and Grid Control installed, Windows 2003 SP1, Windows 7, etc.

I immediately googled the error and found a solution in this link http://communities.vmware.com/thread/168277

The error posted in the link was :

Dave.Mishchenko reply this three ways to solve the problem :

Since I did’nt have a backup of the state.tgz file, I choose to use the Recovery Install of ESXi. So what I did was :

Boot from the VMWare ESXi 4.0 cd and select the Recovery Option. Then after the server boot normally I had to reconfigure the password, the Ip Address (I use fixed Address) and the DNS with the old values.

Then I connected to the server using VSphere Client and found out that it is not register and none of my virtual machines were present.

To restore all my virtual machines configuration, this is what I did :



No hay comentarios: